-
January 10th, 2017, 05:39 PM
#1
Hostboard Member
OT:Any opinions on Clarity caps for N801 crossovers?
I'm looking for reasonably priced 18uf crossover caps for my 878B Santiagos.
I'm considering the Clarity PX series because the price is right and I can source them from a supplier in Canada.
Anyone have any opinions on these for my application?
px-clarity.jpg
Thanks,
Greg
Last edited by xinu; January 16th, 2017 at 09:22 AM.
Reason: Title fix OT
-
January 11th, 2017, 02:25 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?
Take a look at this site, best one I've come across for cap tests.
Humble Homemade Hifi - Cap Test
-
January 11th, 2017, 05:54 PM
#3
Hostboard Member
Re: Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?
Thanks for the link! Very interesting and useful for decision making.
HumbleHH ranks Duelund caps at the top of their verdict rating. Double digit uFs start at over a grand each based on partsconnexion pricing. I won't be using those
.
-
January 12th, 2017, 06:08 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?

Originally Posted by
xinu
Thanks for the link! Very interesting and useful for decision making.
HumbleHH ranks Duelund caps at the top of their verdict rating. Double digit uFs start at over a grand each based on partsconnexion pricing. I won't be using those

.
Yeah, the Duelands are crazy expensive, waay beyond my limited funds and I'm cheap to boot
Good blog on Duelund caps here. The Westminster Royal SE Duelund CAST Crossover Project: Hybrid Silver-Copper CAST Capacitors – Jeff's Place
-
January 13th, 2017, 02:49 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?
-
January 13th, 2017, 08:56 AM
#6
Hostboard Member
Re: Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?
I wouldn't have found those without the link that WestEnd9 provided. AXONs don't show up on the Partsconnexion film cap drop menu and they're 50% off as well. 4 bucks for an 18uF is excellent value.
HumbleHH cap test says the AXONs have a 'slight focus on the lower treble range giving it a fat and juicy character'. I'd be interested to hear what 'fat and juicy' sounds like. It can't be bad right? Maybe he was peeling a big ripe orange when listening
.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks